Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
children

FCTA withdraws all park licences in Abuja

Posted on September 3, 2025 by Admin

Sept. 3, 2025

…Calls for resubmission of documents

The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has withdrawn all park licences in Abuja, asking operators to resubmit documents for fresh screening and possible reallocation, following major policy violations.

Mukhtar Galadima, Director of Development Control, disclosed this during an interview with journalists while explaining the recent demolition of Boulevard Park located in Maitama, Abuja.

He said the FCT Minister acted on a memo from the Directors of Parks and Recreation and Lands, highlighting serious violations and inadequacies in the management of parks across the territory.

Galadima noted that the directive allowed park operators to resubmit their documents to the Parks and Recreation Department for a fresh review, after which qualified parks might be reallocated.

See also  My resignation not admission of guilt – Nnaji

“If they meet the terms and conditions, they’ll be reallocated. Operators must respond, submit their documents, and if approved, they can regain access to their parks,” Galadima explained.

He emphasised that the move is not a witch-hunt but a necessary step to restore order, legality, and compliance with urban policies guiding park operations in the Federal Capital Territory.

“There’s nothing like witch-hunting. All park allocations were withdrawn over consistent violations. The Minister holds authority to regulate land use in the FCT, including public parks,” he stated.

Regarding Boulevard Park’s demolition, Galadima clarified that the park operators were properly notified before hand and enforcement only followed after all legal requirements had been satisfied.

See also  Road crashes claim 432 lives in 1 month – FRSC

He said the park had violated its original terms of use, operating activities that directly contravened recreational policies and deviated from the approved land use allocation.

“Boulevard Park was approved for recreation, but its operations violated every part of the policy. What’s happening there is a complete departure from the park’s intended use,” he said.

Galadima added that the Department of Parks and Recreation was mainly responsible for monitoring park activities and ensuring that parks operated within approved regulatory guidelines.

He revealed that all parks were expected to submit conceptual designs for approval before opening, but failure in monitoring had led to widespread abuse and policy breaches.

“The FCT is governed by law, and lawlessness won’t be tolerated. Every park operator must comply with all terms and conditions attached to their allocation,” Galadima stated firmly.

See also  Alleged forgery: Court hears motion seeking prosecution of FCTA Land director

He assured the public that a ministerial committee had been established to review all park allocations and ensured that their usage aligned strictly with the original recreational purposes. (NAN)

Related Posts

  • children
    FCTA demolishes Boulevard Park over policy violations

    Sept. 2, 2025 The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has commenced demolition exercise at Boulevard…

  • NAFDAC
    NAFDAC seals 2 Chinese supermarkets in Abuja

    Oct. 3, 2025 The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on…

  • JUST IN: Lt. Yerima reportedly escapes assassination in Abuja

    A young Nigerian Navy officer, Lt. A.M. Yerima, who recently had a confrontation with the…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None