The public is hereby notified that Olasijibomi Ogundele of Sujimoto Luxury Construction Limited, whose photograph appears above, is wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in an alleged case of diversion of funds and money laundering.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has declared a Lagos-based businessman, Olasijibomi Ogundele, popular as Sujimoto, wanted over alleged diversion of funds and money laundering.
In a public notice by EFCC Head of Media and Publicity, Dele Oyewale, posted on its official X handle on Friday, the commission appealed to members of the public with credible information about Ogundele’s whereabouts to come forward.
The notice read, “The public is hereby notified that Olasijibomi Ogundele of Sujimoto Luxury Construction Limited, whose photograph appears above, is wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in an alleged case of diversion of funds and money laundering.
“Ogundele is a 44-year-old indigene of Ori-Ade Local Government Area of Osun State. His last known address is: G29, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos State.
“Anybody with useful information as to his whereabouts should please contact the Commission in its Ibadan, Uyo, Sokoto, Maiduguri, Benin, Makurdi, Kaduna, Ilorin, Enugu, Kano, Lagos, Gombe, Port Harcourt or Abuja offices, or through 08093322644; its e-mail address: info@efcc.gov.ng, or the nearest Police Station and other security agencies.”
Though the public notice did not give details why Sujimoto was declared wanted, but persons familiar with the matter said it has to do with a complaint from Enugu state government over the execution of a contract with the state.
Part of the claim by Enugu government was that he reneged on the contract to build smart schools for the state after he had been mobilized, Political Economist NG can report.
Hours after he was declared wanted, the Sujimoto CEO made a video on social media, stating his innocence.
In the said video, he broke down in tears and described the matter as a “deal gone bad” with the Enugu State Government.
“I’m not a thief, I’m not a fugitive. This is a contract between my company and the Enugu State Government. Enugu State Government asked me to help them build a couple of things which were very interesting. I was going to the state every week.”
He said he had incurred heavy losses including suffering bodily injury and harassment of his workers because of the contract.
He said that midway into the project, the scope of work expanded after the state governor requested an ambitious city development project, including what he described as “the tallest building in Nigeria.”
He noted that while he agreed to the government’s plans, the matter later ended up in court.
“I was in agreement with the government after they took us to court. Now they declared me wanted, they destroyed my company that I built,” he cried out.
But he has pledged to turn himself in to the EFCC.





