Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu

FG to arraign 2 captured Ansaru commanders

Posted on September 10, 2025 by Admin

Sept. 10, 2025

The Federal Government will, on Thursday, arraigned the two top leaders of Ansaru terrorist group, an Al-Qaeda affiliated network, at the Federal High Court in Abuja.

The two commanders are: Mahmud Muhammed Usman, a.k.a Abu Bara’a/Abbas Mukhtar; and his deputy, Abubakar Abba, a.k.a Isah Adam/Mahmud Al-Nigeri.

Abu Bara’a and Mahmud Al-Nigeri, popularly called Mallam Mamuda, will be arraigned before Justice Emeka Nwite on 32-count charge bordering on terrorism.

While Abu Bara’a is the 1st defendant, Mahmud Al-Nigeri is the 2nd defendant in the charge marked: FHC/ABJ/CR/464/2025.

The charge is dated and filed on Sept. 4 by M.B. Abubakar, the Director of Public Prosecutions of the Federation on behalf of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice.

See also  Tafawa Balewa Square aglow for a Night of Blessings with Pastor Deola Phillips on Friday

In count one, Abu Bara’a, who hails from Okene Local Government Area (LGA) of Kogi and Mahmud Al-Nigeri from Daura LGA of Katsina State were alleged to have aided and abetted the acts of terrorism sometimes between 2013 and 2015.

The duo were accused of conspiring amongst themselves and agreeing to be part of the formation and top commanders of the Jama’atu Ansarul Muslimeena Fii Bilaadis Sudan (a.k.a. JAMBS/Ansaru, a proscribed terrorist organisation in Nigeria.

“You thereby commit an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 17 of the Terrorism (Prevention) (Amendment) Act, 2013 and punishable under the same Section of the Act,” the charge read in part.

Counts three and four accused the defendants of receiving training in weapons handling and training on the fabrication of Improvised Explosives Devices (IEDs) from various terrorist camps.

See also  Tourism Corporation endorses Ofala as major Nigeria festival

Count five alleged that they committed an act preparatory to acts of terrorism by receiving training on war tactics from Jama’atu Nusratil Islami Wal Muslimin, a.k.a. JNIM, a terrorist group in Mali.

Also, count seven accused the suspects of contributing to the attack of Wawa Cantonment of the Nigerian Army in Kainji, New-Bussa, Borgu LGA of Niger sometimes in 2022 resulting in mass causalities, among the 32 counts.

Abu Bara’s and Mahmud Al-Nigeri were recently captured during a high-risk, intelligence-led operations conducted by Nigeria’s security and intelligence services between May and July 2025.

The National Security Adviser (NSA), Malam Nuhu Ribadu, made the announcement on Aug. 16 while briefing the newsmen in Abuja.

See also  Confusion over ownership of London home linked to late Gen Useni: Ozekhome, Ms Shani, fake documents headline case

Ribadu said the arrested men had been on both national and international terror watch lists.

The Ansaru terrorist group was said to be responsible for a string of high-profile attacks and kidnappings across the country.(NAN)

Related Posts

  • Bola-Tinubu
    FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity

    The Federal Government has closed 41 Federal Government Colleges across the country following the recent…

  • FG inaugurates tertiary education governance platform

    Nov. 4, 2025 The Federal Government has unveiled the Tertiary Institution Governance and Transparency Platform…

  • FG to review private security companies ACT 1986

    Nov. 12, 2025 The Minister of Interior, Dr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, has assured Nigerians that the…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None