Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu

FG revokes 1,263 mineral licences over service fees

Posted on September 21, 2025 by Admin

Sept.21, 2025

The Minster of Solid Minerals Development, Dr. Dele Alake, has approved the revocation of 1,263 mineral licences over default in payment of annual fees.

Alake gave the approval in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Segun Tomori, on Sunday in Abuja.

He said the approval, recommended by the Nigerian Mining Cadastre Office (MCO) included 584 exploration licences, 65 mining leases, 144 quarry licences, and 470 small-scale mining leases.

He said the move was part of ongoing efforts by the President Bola Tinubu’s administration aimed at sanitising the mining sector.

The minister said by the action, the licences would be deleted from the portal of the Electronic Mining Cadastral system of the MCO which would create more opportunities for investors .

“The annual service fee is the minimum evidence that you are interested in mining.

See also  Chinese firms invest $1.3bn in Nigeria’s lithium sector – Alake

“You don’t have to wait for us to revoke the licence because the law allows you to return the licence if you change your mind,” the minister said.

Alake said by opening up the areas formerly covered by these licenses, the move was expected to spur fresh applications by investors looking for fresh opportunities.

According to him, applying the law to keep speculators and unserious investors away from the mining sector will make way for diligent investors and grow the sector.

“The era of obtaining licences and keeping them in drawers for the highest bidder while financially capable and industrious businessmen are complaining of access to good sites is over,” he said.

Alake warned that the revocation did not imply that the payment of the annual fees had been pardoned.

The minister stated that the list would be forwarded to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to ensure that debtors pay or face the wrath of the law.

See also  All passengers safe as NRC responds to Warri- Itakpe train derailment

“This is to encourage due diligence and emphasise the consequences of inundating the licence application processes with speculative activities,” he said.

According to Tomori, the Director-General of the MCO, Simon Nkom, in his presentation to the minister, stated that there were 1,957 initial defaulters when it published to revoke licences in the Federal Government Gazette on June 19, 2025.

He said that the gazette was distributed to MCO offices nationwide to sensitise those affected and to encourage them comply within 30 days inline with the Minerals and Mining Act 2007 and relevant regulations.

Tomori said a total of 3, 794 licences have been revoked since the inception of President Bola Tinubu administration including,619 mineral titles revoked for default in paying annual service fees and 912 for dormancy last year.

See also  I have been receiving threats for revoking mining licences — Alake

Alake had announced in August that more than 1,000 licences would be revoked to reposition the solid minerals sector as a driver of national industrial growth and continental leadership.

He said the Tinubu’s administration was laying the foundation for Nigeria where mineral resources create Nigerian jobs, feed Nigerian industries, and build Nigerian prosperity.

Related Posts

  • Bola-Tinubu
    FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity

    The Federal Government has closed 41 Federal Government Colleges across the country following the recent…

  • Insecurity, funding headline Tinubu’s meeting with service chiefs

    President Bola Tinubu on Monday held a closed-door meeting with service chiefs at the Presidential…

  • FG inaugurates tertiary education governance platform

    Nov. 4, 2025 The Federal Government has unveiled the Tertiary Institution Governance and Transparency Platform…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None