Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
House of Representatives

Reps mandates AGF to provide details of payments to contractors

Posted on September 22, 2025 by Admin

Sept 22, 2025

The House of Representatives has mandated the Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF), Shamsuldeen Ogunjimi to provide the spreadsheet detailing the payments made to contractors as part of the payment N2.4 trillion approval.

The N2.4 trillion is part of payment by the government for project implementation.

The request followed the confirmation by the Office of the Accountant-General that about N2.4 trillion had been approved for payment to contractors.

This is contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Deputy Speaker, Chief Levinus Nwabughiogu in Abuja on Monday.

Similarly, the parliament also urged the contractors on projects authenticity, emphasising the need for scrutiny to ensure that payments were made for legitimate and completed projects,

The aim, he said, is to prevent situations where payments are made for projects that do not benefit citizens.

Speaking, Deputy Speaker Benjamin Kalu, said the parliament welcomed the government ‘s approval of payment of contractors.

See also  Receptionist at a church hostel docked for allegedly stealing guest’s $380,000

Kalu, who is also the Chairman of the Ad hoc Committee on Budget implementation, said that a follow-up meeting has been scheduled for Oct. 5, for further appraisal of the agreement between the government and contractors.

“You may recall we had the first meeting on the 4th of September, borne out of the desire to attend to what took them to the streets, because they were protesting

“So, we decided to use the instrument of legislative diplomacy to do an intervention, which actually worked. We succeeded in getting them out of the streets after so much negotiation on the phone,” he said.

The deputy speaker who affirmed the parliament’s commitment to the Nigerian people, said they brokered peace between government and contractors.

According to him, So, today, the Ministry of Finance is represented by the legal adviser, and the Accountant General’s office was represented by the Director of Funds, as well as the Chief of Staff to the Accountant General

See also  Cybercrime: Court fines 59 other convicted foreign hackers N1m each

He explained that during the appraisal, they were able to find out that, 25 per cent of the payments as agreed have been done within the two weeks,.

Kalu confirmed that from their intervention, nothing has been done about the cash back and the warrant for the remaining months that the contractors complained about.

“We invited the bureaucrats to respond to that, and they said, yes, they have about N2.4 trillion that was approved for payment, and out of this amount, they have paid up, leaving only 160 billion unpaid out of N2.4 trillion. ”

He therefore commended the government for having approved such an amount of money irrespective of the economic challenges.

See also  Alleged forgery: Court remands lawyer in police custody

“Within eight or nine months of this government, under the reform we are going through, and the stress we are going through,

“To be able to approve this amount of money for the payment of contractors shows that the government is a listening government.’

Kalu said that the contractors left the meeting with a feeling of relief and satisfaction that steps were being taken in the right direction.

Related Posts

  • Dave Umahi
    Indigenous contractors not limited to N20bn jobs – FG clarifies

    Sept. 10, 2025 The Federal Government on Wednesday said that it did not limit indigenous…

  • House of Representatives
    Reps to investigate Abuja $460m CCTV installation contract

    Oct. 22, 2025 The House of Representatives has resolved to set up an Ad hoc…

  • Indigenous contractors threaten protest over unpaid 2024 projects

    Oct. 28, 2025 The Association of Indigenous Contractors of Nigeria (AICAN) has threatened to embark…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None