Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
bitrus

Teenager killed in suspected IED blast in Borno

Posted on September 29, 2025 by Admin

Sept. 28, 2025

The Police Command in Borno has confirmed the death of a 13-year old boy following an improvised explosive device (IED) explosion in Monguno Local Government Area.

The explosive is suspected to have been planted by the Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists in the area.

The police spokesman in Borno, Nahun Daso, who confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri on Monday, said the incident occurred at Kawuram, Monguno, on Sunday.

See also  Eko DisCo registers new subsidiary for Lagos operations

He said the victim was returning from the farm with his father, Usman Abubakar, the head of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) in Monguno, when he stepped on the device.

“The explosion fatally injured the teenager. A military Forward Operating Base (FOB) was alerted, and a combined team of the military, Police EOD-CBRN, police patrol team, CJTF and hunters visited the scene.

See also  Asaba orphanage owner docked for allegedly kidnapping 2 Kano children

“The area was cordoned, searched and rendered safe for other users. No other unexploded devices were found.

“The victim was evacuated to the General Hospital in Monguno where he later died while receiving treatment,” he said.

According to him, the corpse has been released to the family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.

He added that security had been reinforced in the area.(NAN)

Related Posts

  • bitrus
    Four soldiers killed as Nigerian troops repel attack in Borno state

    October 10, 2025 Four Nigerian soldiers were killed and five wounded when troops repelled a…

  • Terrorists in Sambisa forest
    5 ISWAP commanders killed in Borno, Yobe – Military source

    Oct. 23, 2025 No fewer than five suspected field commanders of an Islamic State West…

  • Police
    Police bomb disposal team remove IEDs in Borno

    Oct. 24, 2025 Operatives of the police in Borno have removed two Improvised Explosive Devices…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None