Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu

Alleged N33.2bn Fraud : EFCC Seeks Adjournment To Regularise Witness List against Dasuki

Posted on October 8, 2025 by Admin

October 8, 2025

Justice Charles Agbaza of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, High Court, Abuja on Tuesday, adjourned the trial of former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki(rtd) to October 31, 2025 to allow the Commission update its list of witnesses and for continuation of trial.

EFCC in a statement on Wednesday said, Dasuki is facing prosecution by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on an amended 32-count charge bordering on criminal breach of trust and money laundering amounting to N33.2 billion.

He is being tried alongside a former General Manager of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Aminu Baba-Kusa, and two companies — Acacia Holdings Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited.

Count one reads: “That you COL. MOHAMMED SAMBO DASUKI (RTD.) whilst being the National Security Adviser, on or about 27th November, 2014 in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, entrusted with dominion over certain properties, to wit: the sum of N10, 000, 000, 000 (Ten Billion Naira) being part of the funds in the account of National Security Adviser with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

See also  Alleged N1.4bn Oil Subsidy Fraud: Supreme Court Rejects Nadabo Energy MD’s Appeals

The he equivalent of which sum you received from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in foreign currencies to wit: $47,000,000 and 5.6 million Euros purporting same to be for special security service, committed criminal breach of trust in respect of the said property when you dishonestly released the said amount for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential primary election and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 315 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol. 4, LFN 2004.”

See also  Troops kill 20 terrorists, nab suppliers in week-long offensives in North East

They pleaded “not guilty” to the charges when they were read to them.

Testifying before the court, an EFCC detective, Adariku Michael, stated that the anti-graft agency acted on intelligence report in September 2015 alleging large-scale movement of funds by the ONSA between October 2014 and April 2015 adding that the case was assigned to a special task force led by ACE 1 Halimah Kazeem, and that investigation activities began with a letter to the CBN.

Solomon Umoh, SAN, counsel to Baba-Kusa objected to Micheal’s testimony arguing that his name was not included on the EFCC’s original witness list. Responding, counsel to the EFCC, O. Atolagbe explained that the witness had earlier testified before the chief judge and that the witness already tendered documents to the court.

Atolagbe further informed the court that the matter before the court has lasted for almost ten years, prompting him to request for an adjournment to regularise the list of witnesses the Commission has which was not objected by the defence.

See also  EFCC Arraigns One for Alleged N4m Property Fraud in Maiduguri

After hearing from both sides, the judge adjourned the matter to October 31, 2025 for continuation of trial.

Related Posts

  • Alleged N33.2bn fraud: EFCC tenders more documents in evidence against Dasuki, others

    Oct. 31, 2025 The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Friday tendered more evidence…

  • Alleged N27bn Fraud : EFCC witness absolves ex-gov Ishaku of “transactions details”

    Nov. 4, 2025 A prosecution witness on Tuesday told an Abuja High Court that former…

  • EFCC Vs Yahaya Bello: No banking regulation was breached, says witness

    The Federal Capital Territory High Court, in Abuja, on Wednesday, adjourned the alleged money laundering…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None