Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
Police

Demolition protest: Stay out of Lagos Police warns Sowore

Posted on October 27, 2025 by Admin

Oct. 27, 2025

…Deploys officers to strategic points

The Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Mr. Olohundare Jimoh, has warned activist Omoyele Sowore and others against mobilising protests over recent demolitions in the state.

Jimoh gave the warning while addressing newsmen in Iyana-Oworo axis of the Third Mainland bridge on Monday in Lagos.

The police boss said that the command had made massive deployments across the city to forestall any planned demonstrations that could lead to public disorder.

He emphasised that the command would not tolerate any attempt to block major highways or disrupt the peace currently being enjoyed in Lagos.

“We want to warn Sowore and his group to stay away from Lagos or face the full weight of the law.

“The Third Mainland Bridge is too vital to the Nigerian economy and the safety of lives and property for anyone to think of blocking it.

See also  Police teargas Free Nnamdi Kanu protesters, crowd defiant

“Every day, thousands of people depend on that route for their livelihood and medical emergencies, ” he said.

The police chief said officers had been stationed at strategic points including the Third Mainland Bridge, Maryland, Ojota, Gani Fawehinmi Park, Gbagada, Bariga Lekki Toll Gate, and other areas to ensure peace and order.

According to him, while the Nigerian Constitution guarantees freedom of expression and peaceful assembly, protests must follow due process and must not infringe on the rights of others.

“Anyone who wishes to organise a peaceful protest must follow laid down procedures.

“What we have seen in recent times is not protest but attempts to disrupt public peace. Anyone who engages in such will be dealt with according to the law,” he said.

See also  Emefiele: Court admits WhatsApp conversation in alleged $4.5bn fraud

On the recent Oworonshoki demolition, CP Jimoh defended the government’s action, describing the affected areas as illegal structures and hideouts for criminals.

“Those areas were being used by criminals to launch attacks on innocent Nigerians.

“The government is justified in clearing them. Genuine residents have been compensated, and this was documented and covered by the media two days ago,” he said.

He accused some individuals of attempting to exploit the situation for political or criminal purposes, warning that the police would not allow anyone to use the guise of protest to cause mayhem.

“Anyone hiding under activism to cause chaos is complicit in a conspiracy to commit crime, we will not permit that, ” he said.

See also  Osun assembly passes bill on Islamic, traditional marriages registration

The commissioner assured law-abiding residents of adequate protection, urging them to go about their daily activities without fear.

“Every Nigerian is entitled to protection, safety, and freedom of movement.

“We will continue to ensure that Lagos remains peaceful, but criminality under the cover of protest will not be tolerated,” he said. (NAN)

Related Posts

  • Police
    Police reinforces arrest of Sowore over alleged planned violent protest in Lagos

    Nov. 10, 2025 The Lagos State Command has reiterated its intention to arrest political activist…

  • Police
    Lagos Police declares Sowore wanted for alleged plot to disrupt peace

    November 3, 2025 The Police command in Lagos State has declared activist, Mr. Omoyele Sowore,…

  • Police
    Nnamdi Kanu: Police denies apprehending lone protester in Lagos

    Oct. 20, 2025 The Police Command in Lagos State has denied apprehending one Mr. Declan…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None