Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu

JAMB releases results of 85 underaged candidates for exceptional admission

Posted on October 27, 2025 by Admin

Oct 27, 2025

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the results of 85 underage candidates (under 16 years) who successfully completed the comprehensive screening process established by the board for exceptional admission.

This is contained in a statement on Monday by the spokesperson of JAMB, Dr. Fabian Benjamin.

Benjamin said that after meticulous evaluation, 85 candidates who were adjudged to be qualified had been duly notified to proceed to their respective institutions to complete the admission process and print their individual JAMB admission letters.

He said the policy of exceptional admission was consistent with global best practices, where such cases were treated as rare exceptions rather than the norm.

See also  Bode George charges online publishers to tackle fake news, uphold ethics

“It is to be noted that in the 2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), of the 2,031,133 applicants, a total of 41,027 candidates sought consideration under this special category of which 599 score the 80 per cent threshold in the UTME.

“These 599 were subjected to further scrutiny of school certificate and PUTME screening, which led to the emergence of 182 candidates (178+4).

“After due verification, interviews, and screening, 85 candidates were found to have met the criteria and have consequently been cleared for admission.

“Any of the 182 finalist-candidates with valid reason missed the final interview is advised to submit a formal request through the JAMB Support Ticketing System under the newly created category titled – 2025 Underage Complaint.”

See also  We’ve grown Nigeria’s digital broadcast subsector by 35%–NIGCOMSAT

Benjamin said that such complaints would be reviewed individually, and decisions would be made strictly on their own merit.

According to him, this window is for only the 182 finalists who might for one reason or the other missed the final interview.

In addition, he said that candidates who score 320 and above in UTME but failed to upload O-Level results and were subsequently disqualified from proceeding were now given a chance to upload no later than Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2025 and notify the Board of such through the ticketing.

See also  Drugs: 45-year-old ex-convict arrested in Ekiti; another 56 year-old man nabbed in Kaduna

He reiterated the Board’s commitment to ensuring that the admission process remained credible, transparent, and inclusive, while also maintaining the integrity of academic standards across all tiers of tertiary education in Nigeria.

Related Posts

  • My resignation not admission of guilt – Nnaji

    Oct. 8, 2025 The Minister of Innovation, Science and Technology, Mr. Uche Nnaji, says his…

  • English, Mathematics still mandatory for all O’level candidates — FG

    Oct. 19, 2025 The Federal Government says English Language and Mathematics remain compulsory subjects for…

  • Removing mathematics as admission requirement for Arts, humanities will curb forgery–Oloyede

    Oct. 19, 2025 Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, the Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None