Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu

3 to die by hanging for robbing 87-year- old woman in EKiti

Posted on October 27, 2025 by Admin

Oct. 27, 2025

An Ekiti High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti, on Monday, sentenced two brothers and their female friend to death by hanging for robbing an 87-year-old woman of N147,000 and a watch.

The convicts, Shadrack Apos (30), Lucky Akpos (33), and Adunola Precious (24) were arraigned before Justice Lekan Ogunmoye, on Aug. 19, 2024, on two counts of conspiracy and armed robbery.

The prosecution counsel, Kunle-Shina Adeyemo told the court that the convicts committed the offences on June 12, 2024, at Ifaki Ekiti, while armed with a gun and wooden plank to rob Madam Victoria Folorunso of N147,000 and a wristwatch.

According to him, the offences were contrary to Sections 421 and 321 (2) (b) of the Criminal Laws of Ekiti State, 2021.
In her testimony during the trial, Folorunso said, “ I was sleeping around 1:00a.m., when I suddenly saw two persons in my room.

See also  Police nabs organ-harvesting suspect, rescues 4 victims in Nasarawa

“One pointed a gun at my forehead while the second person held a plank; they asked me to bring all the money I had in the house. They took the N100,000 I had under my bed and another N47,000 I kept in my underwear.

“They also took my wristwatch, presented to me by my children. They also took my phone, but they retuned it to me.

“When they threatened to shoot me, I told them I have N3 million in my account. They instructed me to withdraw the money the following day and give to Precious Adunola, my house help, to deliver it to them.

“They were not masked, they did not break the door and were relating freely with my house help. They warned me not to tell anybody or else they would kidnap and kill me. They were calling and threatening me thereafter, for taking too long to send the money.

See also  Troops kill 20 terrorists, nab suppliers in week-long offensives in North East

“I later informed my children about it and they told the police,” she concluded.

To prove his case, the prosecutor, Kunle-Shina Adeyemo called two witnesses and tendered defendant’s statements, search warrant, wooden gun among others as exhibits.

While the defendants, represented by their lawyers, Oluwatoyin Marcus and Mitchel Aribisala, called one witness each.

Delivering his judgment, Justice Ogunmoye said, “my earlier findings that the 3rd defendant, Adunola Precious must have opened the door to enable the robbers have seamless entry into the house she was sharing with the victim aptly demonstrated her own pivotal role in the plan to rob the victim.

“ From the believable evidence before the court therefore, it is clear that the prosecution had been able to establish that the defendants planned and agreed to rob the victim on June 12, 2024.

See also  Kaduna train attack: FG committee was betrayed by Tukur Mamu–DSS investigator

“The charge of conspiracy and armed robbery has therefore been proved beyond reasonable doubt against the defendants and therefore they are found guilty and convicted as charged by this court.

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd defendant are to be hanged by the neck until they are dead. May God have mercy on their souls,” the Judge pronounced. (NAN)

Related Posts

  • Ex-convict, 1 other to die by hanging for armed robbery in Ekiti

    Nov. 4, 2025 An Ekiti High Court sitting in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday sentenced two persons…

  • FG vs ASUU
    Court remands woman for alleged child trafficking

    Oct. 9, 2025 An Ikeja Chief Magistrate Court on Thursday ordered the remand of a…

  • Drugs: 45-year-old ex-convict arrested in Ekiti; another 56 year-old man nabbed in Kaduna

    A 45-year-old ex-convict Femi Owoeye (aka Do Good) was on Thursday 25th September arrested by…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None