Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu

Struggling Genoa sacks Arsenal legend, Veira

Posted on November 1, 2025 by Admin
Veira

Serie A basement club, Genoa, has sacked Patrick Vieira as head coach after a winless start to the Serie A season left the club bottom of the table. The shock decision came 24 hours after club owner Dan Sucu publicly declared his complete confidence in the French manager.

The 49-year-old Arsenal legend was dismissed following Wednesday’s 2-0 home defeat to Cremonese. Genoa has seen a poor streak of run this season and sits at the bottom of Serie A with just three points from nine matches.

See also  World Cup: FIFA strips South Africa 3 points, hope for Nigeria

The club has scored only four goals this season.

Genoa said Saturday: “Genoa CFC announces that Patrick Vieira is no longer the coach of the First Team. Roberto Murgita will take over on an interim basis, assisted by Domenico Criscito.

On Tuesday, Genoa owner Sucu told the media: “Here we do not have a plan B, C or D. I have complete confidence in Vieira.”

Recall that Vieira took charge in November last year when Genoa was 17th in the table. He guided them to a 13th-place finish, securing their Serie A status. But his overall record of ten wins, twelve draws and fifteen defeats across 37 games proved insufficient to save his job.

See also  Top footballer sentenced for making threats during street quarrel

Veira is an Arsenal legend and was a prominent member of the Invincible Squad of 2003/2004 English Premier league that went  a whole season without defeat to clinch the EPL trophy and going a historic 49 games before they were stopped by Manchester United.

Related Posts

  • special prayer
    Gov. Bala sacks Women Affairs Commissioner in ‘minor cabinet reshuffle’

    Sept. 29, 2025 Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State has relieved Hajiya Zainab Baban-Takko, the…

  • JUST IN: Tinubu sacks digital, creative economy aide with immediate effect

    President Bola Tinubu has fired his Special Assistant on Digital and Creative Economy (Office of…

  • FG vs ASUU
    Court sacks Ebonyi LG Chairmen, councillors, declares election unconstitutional

    Oct. 21, 2025 The Federal High Court in Ebonyi has sacked the 13 Council Chairmen…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None