Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
Rail line

All passengers safe as NRC responds to Warri- Itakpe train derailment

Posted on November 2, 2025 by Admin

Nov. 2, 2025

The Management of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) says all passengers of the Warri–Itakpe Train Service (WITS) are safe after the trains derailment.

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of NRC, Dr. Kayode Opeifa , said this in a statement on Sunday in Lagos.

“We wish to inform the public that a train derailment incident occurred on Saturday at approximately 19:.30 hours, involving two out of the seven coaches of our WITS at Kilometer 212+8m, Agbor.

See also  Two dead bodies recovered from Lagos building collapse

“Preliminary investigations indicated that the incident may have been caused by suspected track vandalism.

“We are please to confirm that all passengers on board were safely evacuated to Agbor, and everyone has been fully accounted for. No casualties or injuries were recorded,” he said.

Opeifa said that the NRC recovery team, supported by security personnel, had been at the site since last night carrying out recovery operations.

He added that these efforts were progressing steadily and are expected to be completed soon.

See also  Tinubu govt encouraging bandits -el-Rufai; you’re a liar - FG

“As a precautionary measure, train services on the corridor have been temporarily suspended today to enable a comprehensive security and safety audit of the track and related infrastructure.

“We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may cause our valued passengers and the public.

“Normal operations will resume as soon as it is verified safe to do so,” he assured.

Related Posts

  • I’m up for it, Burna Boy responds to Sarina Wiegman’s request for another dance

    England female national team coach, Sarina Wiegman, and winner of the Best Female Award at…

  • Naval rating arrested
    Navy rescues 11 passengers from sinking boat, shuts illegal refineries in Delta, Rivers

    Nov. 6, 2025 The Nigerian Navy has rescued 11 passengers from a sinking speedboat and…

  • NLNG, NCDMB celebrate 122 graduates of Train 7 Human Capital Development (HCD) training programme

    NLNG, in collaboration with the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB), on Friday, achieved…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None