Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
Police

Lagos Police declares Sowore wanted for alleged plot to disrupt peace

Posted on November 3, 2025 by Admin

November 3, 2025

The Police command in Lagos State has declared activist, Mr. Omoyele Sowore, wanted for allegedly planning to incite public disorder and obstruct major roads in the state.

Commissioner of Police, Mr. Olohundare Jimoh, disclosed this to journalists on Monday at the Iyana-Oworo section of the Third Mainland Bridge.

He said the command was closing in on Sowore and others accused of coordinating activities intended to disrupt public peace.

“Sowore should surrender at the nearest police station or face arrest wherever he is found.

“Anyone attempting to cause disturbance or block our roads will face the full weight of the law,” he said.

According to him, intelligence reports indicated plans by Sowore and his associates to stage demonstrations at strategic locations, including the Third Mainland Bridge, Lekki Tollgate, and Freedom Park.

See also  Police begins enforcement of tinted glass permit in Lagos

The commissioner described the alleged plan as criminal and warned it could trigger severe traffic congestion and endanger lives.

“It is only someone who needs examination that would attempt to block such a vital route used by thousands daily,” he said.

He revealed that 13 suspects had been arrested in connection with the planned protest, while Sowore allegedly fled. Investigations are ongoing to identify sponsors and collaborators.

Jimoh said officers had been deployed across key areas, especially major bridges and highways, where roadblocks and diversions were in place.

He noted that the measures were temporary and aimed at safeguarding peace and protecting critical infrastructure.

See also  You flaunt wealth, Rolls Royces but neglect the poor, Osinbajo’s man blasts Nigerian pastors

“The Third Mainland Bridge was not designed to hold stationary weight. Any gathering on it could pose structural risks,” he said.

The commissioner also addressed tension linked to recent demolitions in parts of Lagos, particularly in the Oworo-Soki area, stating that eligible residents had already received compensation.

“The government compensated those affected, and the media witnessed it. There is no justification to provoke crisis under the guise of protest,” he said.

He urged Lagos residents to continue their normal activities without fear, assuring that security agencies were fully deployed to maintain order.

“We are not sleeping. We will apprehend, investigate, and prosecute anyone attempting to undermine public safety in Lagos,” he said.

See also  CNG pump price increase: Private-sector decisions, not FG directive – P-CNGI

Jimoh reaffirmed the command’s commitment to enforcing the law without fear or favour, stressing that freedom of expression must not turn into public nuisance or risk lives. (NAN)

Related Posts

  • Police
    Police reinforces arrest of Sowore over alleged planned violent protest in Lagos

    Nov. 10, 2025 The Lagos State Command has reiterated its intention to arrest political activist…

  • Police
    Demolition protest: Stay out of Lagos Police warns Sowore

    Oct. 27, 2025 ...Deploys officers to strategic points The Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Mr.…

  • Scammers
    EFCC Arraigns Man, Firm For Alleged N215m Theft In Lagos

    October 13, 2025 The Lagos Zonal Directorate 1 of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission,…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None