Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu

Air Peace loses $15m to disruptions as lessor withdraws aircraft

Posted on November 14, 2025 by Admin

Nov. 14, 2025

Air Peace Ltd. has attributed sudden disruptions in its domestic operations to ‘illegal’ withdrawal of three aircraft by its wet lessor, Smartlynx Airlines.

The airline said on Friday that the disruptions cost it 15 million U.S. dollars.

The Chief Commercial Officer at Air Peace, Mr. Nowel Ngala, disclosed this at a news conference in Lagos.

According to Ngala, Air Peace has experienced a number of operational disruptions, resulting in flight delays and cancellations.

He said that Air Peace entered a wet-lease agreement with Smartlynx because 13 of its aircraft were undergoing scheduled maintenance abroad.

According to him, to avoid service gaps and ensure Nigerians would continue to travel conveniently, the airline leased aircraft from SmartLynx.

He said that the sudden withdrawal of the three aircraft was illegal and a breach of contract.

Ngala said that the withdrawal inflicted financial loss and reputational damage to Air peace and the Nigerian travelling public.

See also  Runway incident: Air Peace crew test positive to cannabis, alcohol - NSIB

“This withdrawal was done without prior notice. It is a clear violation of industry standards and of an agreement between both parties.

“What makes this even more concerning is that SmartLynx had collected money upfront from Air Peace.”

He said that the lessor claimed that the owners of the aircraft wanted them withdrawn.

“Over five million dollars of our money including over a million dollars paid as security deposits for those aircraft are with them (SmartLynx).

“This situation has caused over 15 million dollars in damages to Air Peace. These aircraft had already been rostered for scheduled flights, and their sudden removal created significant gaps in our operations,” he said.

Ngala said that Air Peace had released three of the aircraft to the owners in good faith.

According to him, one more aircraft remains, and the airline is requesting for refund.

See also  Edo Govt sends heads of local govt administration on compulsory leave

He said that was not the first time Air Peace was placed in a difficult situation by a lessor.

According to him, a lessor had ‘vanished’ with over two million dollars from Air Peace in the guise that it was taking leased aircraft for maintenance.

He said that the aircraft was never returned and the fund unaccounted for.

“These actions, unfortunately, reflect the challenges Nigerian carriers often face in international leasing arrangements. We cannot allow that to happen again,” he said.

According to Ngala, in spite of the challenges, Air Peace has completed its aircraft maintenance and two have arrived for services.

He said that the airline hoped to resume full operations across all its routes from next week as more of its aircraft would return.

He said: “We regret the difficulties our passengers have experienced, and we appreciate their patience and understanding throughout this period.

See also  7,000 Nigerian tourists visit Zanzibar in 2024 – Envoy

“Air Peace remains firmly committed to providing safe, reliable and world-class flight services.

“We assure the Nigerian public that we are taking every necessary step to prevent such disruptions in the future and to hold all defaulting partners accountable.”

Ngala said that the airline’s London flights had not been disrupted. (NAN)

Related Posts

  • Air Peace moves to new terminal
    Runway incident: Air Peace crew test positive to cannabis, alcohol - NSIB

    Following its investigation into an incident involving an Air Peace Boeing 737-524 aircraft marked 5N-BQQ,…

  • FG, Air Peace celebrate arrival of dry lease Boeing 737-NG

    Nov. 7, 2025 Nigeria’s carrier, Air Peace, has celebrated the arrival of its landmark dry-lease…

  • Oborevwori is committed to fairness, peace, inclusive development - Aniagwu

    Delta State Commissioner for Works (Rural Roads) and Public Information, Mr. Charles Aniagwu, has dismissed…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None