Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
Soldiers beat policemen

Army kills scores of terrorists, rescues 39 kidnap victims in 24 hours

Posted on September 13, 2025 by Admin

Sept. 13, 2025

The Nigerian Army says troops deployed in various theatres of operations have continued to record successes, with several terrorists neutralised, 11 suspects apprehended and 39 kidnapped victims rescued in the past 24 hours.

A reliable source at the Army Headquarters told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Saturday that the operations were carried out across the North East, North Central and North West regions.

According to the source, troops of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) neutralised one terrorist and recovered arms and ammunition in separate operations in Borno.

He said the troops foiled attempted attacks in Dikwa and Gubio Local Government Areas, while also discovering and dismantling an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) along Baga–Cross Kauwa road in Kukawa Local Government Area (LGA).

See also  Insecurity: LG chairmen in Kwara South close cattle markets indefinitely

The source said troops under Operation FANSAN YAMMA in Kaduna and Katsina States cleared terrorist hideouts, recovered arms and rescued a soldier earlier abducted in July in Zamfara.

“Also, in Kogi, troops of 12 Brigade in collaboration with hybrid forces and vigilantes rescued 17 kidnap victims after trailing their abductors from an abandoned bus to a hideout in Adavi LGA.

“The victims were safely evacuated and given medical attention,” the source said.

The source said the troops of Operations Enduring Peace and Whirl Stroke in Plateau and Benue States, apprehended six suspects for kidnapping, cattle rustling and militia activities.

He added that troops repelled an extremist attack on Nteng village in Quan-Pan LGA of Plateau, forcing the insurgents to flee after sustaining casualties.

See also  Troops subdue ISWAP attack, shield 10,000 households in Borno

“Troops of OPWS also rescued two kidnap victims in Benue State, one of whom had been held since July before being abandoned by his captors on sighting troops.

“In Niger and Kogi States, troops arrested three suspected kidnappers and recovered cash, arms, ammunition and other items,” he added.

The source said troops of Joint Task Force South-South (OPDS) discovered and destroyed over 5,000 litres of suspected stolen crude oil and illegally refined AGO in Bayelsa and Rivers States during anti-bunkering operations.

According to him, the sustained momentum of these operations is clear evidence of the resolve of the Armed Forces to deny criminals freedom of action across the country.

He said the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, had continued to urge troops to sustain an offensive against the terrorists and other criminals across theatres of operation.

See also  It's landmark victory - CDS hails Finnish court for Jailing Simon Ekpa

He also urged Nigerians to continue to support the military with timely and credible information to enhance ongoing operations. (NAN)

Related Posts

  • Soldiers beat policemen
    Troops neutralise terrorists, rescue 13 kidnap victims

    Sept. 25, 2025 Troops of the Nigerian Army have neutralised two terrorists, apprehended 32 suspects…

  • Soldiers beat policemen
    Army rescues 14 kidnap victims, foils multiple terrorist attacks in 24 hours

    Sept. 1, 2025 Troops of the Nigerian Army deployed in different operations across the country…

  • Soldiers beat policemen
    Army troops neutralise 9 terrorists, rescues 37 kidnap victims

    Oct. 8, 2025 Troops have neutralised nine terrorists, apprehended eight suspects and rescued 37 kidnapped…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None