Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu

Eighteen migrant bodies recovered, over 90 rescued off Libya, Red Crescent says

Posted on October 28, 2025 by Admin

October 28, 2025

The bodies of at least 18 migrants, who died when their boat capsized west of Libya’s capital Tripoli, were recovered while over 90 survivors were rescued, a local Red Crescent branch said on Tuesday.

The Red Crescent in Sabratha, a coastal town some 76 km (47 miles) west of Tripoli, said it had received a report of the capsized boat late on Monday and carried out a rescue operation until early Tuesday morning.

See also  Trump at the Knesset, calls for Netanyahu pardon on graft charges

The bodies were recovered from the shore near the port of Surman, it said.
Pictures posted by the branch showed Red Crescent volunteers carrying the bodies and placing them in white plastic bags before loading them into the back of an ambulance as other rescue workers provided first aid to the survivors.

Earlier this month, a health ministry-run medical centre said the bodies of at least 61 migrants were recovered by medics over a two-week period in the coastal area between the Libyan towns of Zuwara and Ras Ijdir, near the border with Tunisia.

See also  Troops rescue kidnap victim, recover arms in Benue

Since the fall of dictator Muammar Gaddafi during a NATO-backed uprising in 2011, Libya has become a transit route for migrants fleeing conflict and poverty to Europe across the Mediterranean.

REUTERS

Related Posts

  • Two dead bodies recovered from Lagos building collapse

    Sept. 13, 2025 Two male dead bodies have been recovered from a three-storey building that…

  • Illegal migration is voluntary suicide, says NiDCOM; the Oluwabanga Libya ordeal

    The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) has advised Nigerians seeking to relocate abroad against illegal…

  • endsars protests
    Libya urged to shut migrant detention, centres at U.N. meeting

    Nov 11,, 2025 Libya was urged at a U.N. meeting on Tuesday to close detention…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None