Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu

Lagos Govt. dismantles over 200 illegal shanties

Posted on October 31, 2025 by Admin

Oct. 31, 2025

The Lagos State Government has demolished more than 200 illegal shanties, and evacuated derelict vehicles sprawling around Apapa Road, Ijora, and Costain under bridges.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Transportation, Mr. Sola Giwa, confirmed this in a statement on Friday.

Giwa also disclosed that during the operation, personnel of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) made a shocking discovery.

“A dummy firearm and other dangerous weapons clandestinely concealed within makeshift structures beneath the bridges.

“This is a manifestation of the state’s relentless commitment to urban regeneration, environmental rectitude, and safeguarding of public order,” he said.

He said the large-scale clearance operation was meticulously coordinated through a synergy of inter-governmental agencies.

According to him, the exercise strategically targets the reclamation and sanitisation of critical public spaces.

See also  Troops nab 11 terrorists’ logistics suppliers, rescue 9 kidnapped victims

“These spaces have been desecrated by unlawful habitation, environmental degradation, and nefarious criminal activities.

“The alarming discovery of the dummy gun underscores the exigency of the intervention.

“It also validated the state government’s proactive stance against festering criminal hideouts in key transportation corridors,” he said.

Giwa decried the appalling condition of the affected areas.

He characterised the unlawful activities and shanty settlements as a monumental affront to public decency, environmental order, and the collective security of Lagosians.

“No responsive and responsible government will countenance such brazen lawlessness within vital infrastructural zones that sustain the state’s socio-economic engine,“ he said.

The special adviser reiterated that the exercise was designed to eradicate incessant traffic robberies.

He added that it aimed to dismantle drug peddling enclaves, and abate chronic environmental nuisances that had plagued the axis for years.

See also  PENGASSAN gives Dangote Refinery ultimatum over mass sack

He added that the operation equally led to the removal of unauthorised garages.

“Also, evacuation of long-abandoned trucks, which had been converted into criminal dens under the Ijora Bridge,“ he said.

Giwa reaffirmed the unwavering determination of government to sustain the tempo of urban renewal and environmental enforcement across the metropolis.

He warned that any attempt by displaced miscreants or illegal occupants to return to the cleared sites would be met with swift and decisive sanctions.

He reaffirmed that Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu administration remains irrevocably committed to actualising a safer, cleaner, and more habitable Lagos.

“One that reflects the true spirit of a 21st-century megacity, “ Giwa said.

The multi-agency exercise featured robust participation from the Lagos State Waste Management Authority, Kick Against Indiscipline, the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority and the Nigeria Police Force.

See also  IPI raises alarm over rising media repression in Nigeria

They all work in concert to restore environmental order, safety, and infrastructural integrity.

Other affected areas included Apapa Road, Ijora, and Costain under bridges inward Iponri where similar demolitions were executed.

It aims to dismantle criminal hideouts and reclaim encroached public spaces.

Related Posts

  • Police
    Adamawa govt. demolishes 2,000 illegal shops in Yola

    Sept. 17, 2025 Adamawa Government has demolished no fewer than 2,000 illegal shops and attachments…

  • NAFDAC
    NAFDAC busts illegal cosmetics factory in Lagos market

    Sept. 18, 2025 The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has…

  • prevention guild
    Lagos govt demolishes 17 houses over encroachment

    Oct. 11, 2025 No fewer than 17 houses have been demolished by the Lagos State…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None