Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
Ondo state

Man allegedly hacks grandmother to death in Ondo

Posted on September 30, 2025 by Admin

Sept. 30, 2025

Residents of Ore in Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State were thrown into panic in the early hours of Tuesday, as a 27-year-old carpenter, Toheeb Ahmed, allegedly hacked his grandmother to death.

An eyewitness and neighbour of the victim who preferred anonymity, said that what transpired between the suspect and the grandmother who has been living quietly in her residence, could not be ascertained.

See also  4.24m Nigerians affected by blindness, visual impairment

“The movement of suspect was suspicious and out of curiosity, I went to mama’s room while he was away and discovered she had been hacked to death.

“When he returned, I noticed he was carrying a cutlass and was accompanied by a friend, probably to move the corpse, that was when I raised the alarm.” the neighbour said.

Meanwhile, DSP Olayinka Ayanlade, the Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), who confirmed the incident to NAN said that the suspect has been arrested and in police custody.

See also  Tinubu Charges ECOWAS to Declare Resource Theft an International Crime

He said that investigation was ongoing to unravel the circumstances surrounding the incident and ensure justice.

“Yes, I can confirm the incident. The suspect is in our custody and investigations are ongoing to unravel the circumstances surround the incident for justice to take it’s course,” Ayanlade said. (NAN)

Related Posts

  • FG vs ASUU
    Court remands man for allegedly raping neighbour’s disabled daughter

    Oct. 3, 2025 An Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State on Friday remanded a…

  • DSS files charge against man for allegedly calling for coup

    Nov. 12, 2025 The Department of State Services (DSS), on Tuesday, filed a criminal charge…

  • Governor Soludo reacts to Obiano’s death rumour

    Gov. Chukwuma Soludo of Anambra has reacted to the rumoured death of former Governor of…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None