Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
Soldiers beat policemen

Troops nab 11 terrorists’ logistics suppliers, rescue 9 kidnapped victims

Posted on September 9, 2025 by Admin
Sept. 9, 2025

The Nigerian Army says its troops apprehended 11 terrorists’ logistics suppliers and rescued nine kidnapped victims in nationwide operations in 48 hours.

A credible source at Army Headquarters told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday in Abuja that troops also seized 114 livestock, recovered ₦1.1 million in cash, one pump action gun, four cartridges, petroleum products and other items.

The source said that eight suspected logistics suppliers of Boko Haram/ISWAP were arrested July 7 by troops of 149 Battalion in Gubio, Borno.

The source also said the troops recovered 28 jerrycans and a drum of petrol concealed in shops and a POS centre, ₦145,510 cash and five mobile phones.

In Katsina State, he said the troops of 17 Brigade foiled a terrorist attack at Gidan Kwairo village in Malumfashi Local Government Area, rescuing five kidnapped victims as the terrorists fled.

See also  NSCDC nabs 15 illegal miners in Edo

The source said that troops of 9 Brigade also apprehended a dismissed soldier, Ex-Lance Cpl. Emefik Michael, on Sept. 7 in Mowe, Ogun, for allegedly extorting locals in military camouflage.

He said the dismissed soldier, who left service in 2017, had been handed over to the police for prosecution.

According to him, troops of 5 Battalion, working with NSCDC and a private security outfit, arrested a notorious oil wellhead vandal on Sept. 7 at Okordia in Yenagoa, Bayelsa.

“The suspect was handed over to the Department of State Services for investigation.

“In Edo, troops of IV Brigade under Operation MESA arrested a suspected militant at Kokotoro Camp in Ovia South-West Local Government Area.

”A pump action rifle and four live cartridges were recovered while the criminals’ camp was destroyed,” he said

See also  My confessional statement made under duress - suspected terrorist tells court

In Taraba, the military source said the troops of Operation Enduring Peace intercepted two suspects on a motorcycle at Gayam checkpoint in Gashaka Local Government Area with one million naira.

According to him, one of the suspects escaped. Subsequent information revealed that a farmer had been murdered on Sept. 6 and his cash stolen.

He added that troops also recovered a motorcycle and a mobile phone. The items will be handed over to the police for investigation.

“In Plateau, troops of Operation EP seized 105 cattle and nine rams grazing on farmland at Jwak Metumbi in Mangu Local Government Area without herders.

“The livestock were moved to the troops’ location while community leaders were contacted to produce the owners for amicable settlement.

“In Kaduna State, troops of Forward Operating Base Sanga foiled a kidnap attempt at Ungwan Bera village in Sanga Local Government Area.

See also  Misconduct: Police sanctions 8 erring officers in Ondo

“The criminals fled while four victims, including two children, were rescued. Two of the victims sustained injuries and were taken to ECWA Private Hospital, Fadan Karshi,” he added.

The source reaffirmed the commitment of the Nigerian Army to sustain operations to deny criminals freedom of action across the country.(NAN)

Related Posts

  • Soldiers beat policemen
    Troops rescue 2 kidnapped Immigration officers in Benue

    Sept. 27, 2025 Troops of the Joint Task Force Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) have rescued…

  • Soldiers beat policemen
    Troops apprehend 54 terror suspects, rescue 9 kidnap victims

    Sept. 10, 2025 Troops of the Nigerian Army have apprehended 54 terror and criminal suspects…

  • Soldiers beat policemen
    Troops neutralise terrorists, rescue 13 kidnap victims

    Sept. 25, 2025 Troops of the Nigerian Army have neutralised two terrorists, apprehended 32 suspects…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None