Skip to content

Gossip News

All gossip news and events

Konga Advert
Menu
  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy
Menu
Soldiers beat policemen

Troops subdue ISWAP attack, shield 10,000 households in Borno

Posted on September 22, 2025 by Admin

Sept. 22, 2025

Nigerian Army troops of Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) subdued a major Islamic State – West Africa Province (ISWAP)assault on Banki in Bama Local Government Area of Borno and Bula area of Yobe.

A credible source at Army Headquarters told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the troops had shielded more than 10,000 resettled households from renewed displacement.

The source said the terrorists launched coordinated attacks on Sept. 18 in a bid to overrun the communities and destabilise hard-earned peace.

He said the terrorists were met with stiff resistance from ground troops, backed by precision airstrikes, forcing them into a disorderly retreat with heavy casualties in men and weapons on enemies’ side.

See also  Most Americans, including 41% of Republicans, back Palestinian state recognition — poll

In Banki, he said the reinforced troops stood firm to protect women, children and the elderly.

According to him, in Bula Yobe, soldiers displayed tactical discipline that foiled repeated enemy attempts to breach security positions.

“Farmers who recently returned to rebuild their livelihoods were also secured.

“During an operational visit on Sept. 19, the Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division and Commander Sector 1 OPHK, Brig.-Gen. Ugochukwu Unachukwu, hailed the troops’ sacrifice.

“The GOC confirmed that the terrorists had been dealt a decisive blow.

“He assured residents and humanitarian agencies that the Nigerian army remains resolute in its mandate to protect civilians and secure the recovery of conflict-affected communities,” he said.

See also  Army kills scores of terrorists, rescues 39 kidnap victims in 24 hours

The source also dismissed as false some media reports claiming that terrorists overran a military base in the area.

He stated that no army position was captured and that all communities remained firmly under security control.

According to him, one soldier paid the supreme price during the encounters with others wounded in the operation.

He described their sacrifice as a testament to the force’s determination to guarantee peace, dignity and safety for Nigerians returning home after years of displacement.

The source said the ongoing operations would be sustained under the leadership of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, within a joint and multi-agency framework.

See also  Import licence dispute: Court adjourns Dangote Refinery’s 100bn suit against NNPCL, others to Nov. 5

“Nigerians owes the injured gallant troops and fallen heroes a debt of gratitude for keeping hope alive in communities rising from the ashes of war,” he added.

Related Posts

  • Soldiers beat policemen
    Troops foil bandit attack on Benue communities, recover arms

    Sept. 30, 2025 The troops of Joint Task Force Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) have foiled…

  • bitrus
    Four soldiers killed as Nigerian troops repel attack in Borno state

    October 10, 2025 Four Nigerian soldiers were killed and five wounded when troops repelled a…

  • Terrorists in Sambisa forest
    5 ISWAP commanders killed in Borno, Yobe – Military source

    Oct. 23, 2025 No fewer than five suspected field commanders of an Islamic State West…

ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Advert

Tinubu Advert

Advert

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro
  • Reps resume hearing on alleged N1.2trn agric intervention fund misappropriation

Categories

  • Home
  • Business & Economy
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Privacy Policy

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Posts

  • Alleged Emefiele’s $4.5bn Fraud : Court Adjourns Forensic Inspection of Exhibit to January 2026 November 22, 2025
  • FG closes 41 Unity Colleges over insecurity November 22, 2025
  • Education district IV hosts Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward November 22, 2025
  • Tinubu, Oborevwori and Delta security, by Ray Umukoro November 20, 2025
©2025 Gossip News

...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None